Mark tries to send Casey a calendar invitation and falls in a gap between clouds. Casey and Mark both switch to the same email provider for reasons. Casey is skeeved by Google Plus encroaching on his inbox. Mark thinks inboxes aren't private spaces anymore. Casey broke his VPS and that is why "private clouds" are nightmares. Mark ruminates on why implementing sync has flummoxed so many good developers.
- iCloud.com → Calendar → Settings (gear icon) → Preferences → Advanced → "Receive event invitations as..."
- When two clouds collide...
- Casey and Mark migrated to FastMail. Feels good so far. (that's Mark's affiliate link)
- Casey doesn't want to support the feature that allows you to email anyone through Google+.
- The Hivelogic Enkoder
- Mutt is Casey's preferred email client. That makes him a G.
- Exosaurs High Scores runs off of Casey's VPS.
- Alex Payne's Sovereign project
- Things Cloud
- Simplenote and Simperium – Mark likes Simplenote.
- Dropbox Sync API
- Brent Simmons is blogging about implementing sync for Vesper.
Thanks for listening.